Wise cost savings.
KONČAR AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) is a smart solution for increased savings in Energy Management systems. It consists of devices that collect energy and water consumption data from dislocated meters and send them in the central system MARS (Management and Automated Reading Software). MARS provides the user with an optimal set of data processing capabilities which allow full control of energy consumption as a basic prerequisite for cost savings.
For utility companies
KONČAR AMI is useful for utilities that want an accurate, near real time readings which can be the basis for distributed generation and renewable sources.
For the end user
KONČAR AMI is very useful for the end user who wants to cut costs, prevent unnecessary losses and live responsibly.
Why choose KONČAR AMI ?
- Minimum costs using long-range radio, existing GPRS or Ethernet networks
- Interoperability – reading measuring equipment from other manufacturers
- Integration with other information systems (billing, main Energy Information System E2)
- Web hosting possibility
- Automatic generation and delivery of customized reports and alarms
- Minimum CAPEX and OPEX costs
- Made in EU
KONČAR AMI consists of the following components:
all with the goal of complete control over energy consumption as a basic prerequisite for cost savings. The full functionality is available via a web browser. If opting for Web Hosting, it cuts the installation costs (no investments in servers and network equipment) and operating costs because KONČAR takes care of the maintenance for you.
To collect the data: BeeKON basic module (IEEE 802.15.4), Wireless M-Bus, Pulse Inputs and RS-232/485 module.
To transfer data to the center: a long-range radio IEEE 802.15.4k, GPRS, Ethernet/ADSL and optional SD cards.
In the case of data transfer to the main computer via a long-range radio, the user is exempt from licensing, as well as any costs of a telecom operator, which positions KONČAR AMI ahead of the competition.
The use of this system also increases efficiency and benefits:
- Unlimited data transfer
- Covering an area without GPRS signal (radius > 12 km LOS)
- 4x less battery consumption compared to GPRS
- Much lower response time
- A large number of devices per access point (> 10000)
- No data transfer costs
- Increased data security
- Standardized IEEE 802.15.4k solution